FOR MAXIMUM WATER ABSORPTION, SOLIDS HOLDING CAPACITY AND SHUTDOWN PROTECTION TO ASSURE CLEAN, DRY FUEL
The PECOFacet 6” Model FG Fuel-Gard® monitor cartridges perform three jobs to give you clean, dry fuel. They absorb free and emulsified water, remove ultra-fine solids even when surfactants and fuel additives are present, and shutdown system flow when hit with a localized slug of water. Designed to flow from inside to outside at a rate of 4 gpm (15.14 lpm) per inch of length.
PECOFacet Model FG Fuel-Gard monitor cartridges meet the latest edition of Institute of Petroleum (I.P.) Specifications and Qualification Procedures - Aviation Fuel Monitors with Absorbent Type Elements.
Each Model FG Fuel-Gard monitor cartridge is constructed of various water absorbent media, plus fine filtration layers pleated to give you long life. The perforated metal center tube provides for balanced flow and structural strength to protect against backflow caused by a sudden shutdown of the system. The inner and outer shells are of heavy duty metal. The inner shell supports both the pleated section and absorbent media when hit with a localized slug of water. The outer shell retains the media during and after shutdown. The metal end caps provide added strength during shutdown and are epoxy coated to protect against corrosion.
Standard Design Features
- Tested and qualified to meet the 6th Edition of EI 1583 Specifications and Qualification Procedures - Aviation Fuel Filter Monitors With Absorbent Type Elements
- Multi-layered media for increased solids holding, water removal and shutdown protection
- Structurally withstands a minimum of 180 psi (12.4 kg/cm²)
- Less than 0.3 mg/liter of solids in effluent
- Less than 1 ppm of water in effluent
- Not adversely affected by exposure to temperatures varying from -65ºF (-54ºC) to 160ºF (71ºC)
- Works in the presence of surfactants and fuel additives
Inside / Outside Flow
Outside / Inside Flow