The calculation of kinetic energy which needs to be dissipated is based upon the following parameters :
- Boat specification/characteristics (Length, Width, Draft, full laden Displacement,...)
- Condition of use (Pilotage, Patrol, Crew Transfer,...)
- Section/Shape requirements (Cylindrical, D-Shape, Return on Deck, Squared, Rectangular...)
- Fixing Method (Strapped, Glued, Bolted, ..., or mixed)
- End use (Harbor Operations, Boat Landing :Crew Transfer, Side Berthing...)
- Berthing speed.
Starting from a Naval architect drawing or customer supplied GA, our Technical Team determine and implement the best compromise of all parameters after initial design calculation. The earliest these parameters are considered in the project, the best suitable solution and most economic system will be.
The Fendering Systems can be either individual partial sections or complete all around the boat, according to use and budget.
The Fenders tend to be called "composites" because their functions are dissociated : the foam core acts as a shock absorber during berthing. The Polyurethane coating will also increase the Energy dissipation efficiency via the encapsulation of the Foam Core but also provides high abrasion resistance for long life span. All OCEAN 3 Fenders are taylor to the nearest centimeter in all measurements according to the Energy calculations and the End User requirements.Tha shape of our Fenders is often related to the required fixing mechanism as follows.