Author: Vincent Power
Shipping Law, covers aspects of EC shipping law in detail and the author takes a commercial as well as a legal perspective throughout. Chapters included cover EC marine environmental law and marine insurance law - freedom of establishment and freedom to provide shipping services in the EC.
EC Shipping Law, 3rd Edition has been completely revised to include recent developments and features in-depth commentary and analysis on the revolutionary changes in EC shipping law in recent times spanning areas such as competition, safety, consortia, State aid and transport law generally.
The new edition brings the story of how the European Union applies to the shipping sector right up to date. In particular, it deals with:
• The new competition/antitrust regime applicable to the shipping sector since the abolition of Regulation 4056/86
• The new guidelines on how competition law applies to the maritime sector (including the rules on information exchange)
• The new safety and environmental rules
• The saga of the two proposed port services directives
• The new consortia regime
• All of the new EU Commission and Court cases spanning shipping and ports
• New rules on security and ports
• Freedom of establishment and freedom to provide shipping services in the EC
Covering various aspects of EC shipping law in detail, this fully updated new edition takes a commercial as well as a legal perspective throughout.
This is an essential reference work for professionals who are under pressure to provide advice to clients on how EC law affects their business and how to avoid the pitfalls and take advantage of the extended market in any European transaction.
"the most impressive guide to this area"
"all law firms with even the pretence of a maritime practice should buy a copy"
International Company and Commercial Law Review.
This book is part of the Lloyd's Shipping Law Library.